The library has three computers that are available for public usage. Our computers were generously donated by the Friends of the Paige Memorial Library through their Silent Auction fundraiser in 2002.
The library offers free wireless Internet throughout the building. There is no password to access the wireless Internet.
Printers, Scanners, Fax and more!
The library has an HP printer/copier/scanner. Prints are available for $.15 per page for black and white, and $.25 per page for color. Users may pay for their prints at the end of their session.
Scanning and faxing is free of charge, but must be completed by a librarian. Please ask the librarian at the circulation desk to help you with your scan or fax.
Computer Use Policy
- Each person may use a computer for 30 minutes. If no other patron is waiting to use the computers, then this time may be extended.
- You may not save or download any programs, files, pictures, or emails to these computers. We request that you bring a flash drive or other removable storage device to save any files, pictures, or emails onto. Any files found saved on the computers will be deleted.
- Failure to adhere to the library’s Internet and usage policies will result in suspension of computer privileges.
Internet Access and Safety Policies
The principle role of the Paige Memorial Library is to ensure the availability of information and materials for independent, self-directed learning. We believe that the Internet is an excellent resource for this, provided that it is used consciously, safely, and ethically.
Access to and use of the Internet is a privilege and should be treated as such by the users of the system. The library’s electronic information resources are to be used in a responsible manner consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which they are provided.
The following harmful, illegal, and/or criminal activities are considered prohibited use of the library’s computers:
- Attempting to gain unauthorized access to the resources of the library’s computers
- Wasting resources (staff time, supplies, equipment capacity) through such actions
- Damaging the integrity of computer-based library resources
- Compromising the privacy of other users
- Deliberately displaying obscene images or materials that would be considered harmful to minors
- Use by minors without the written consent of a parent or legal guardian
- Committing fraud
- Violating copyright law or software licenses
- Developing computer programs which infiltrate a computer or computer system and/or damage or alter the software components of another computer or computer system
In order to protect our patrons and equipment against harmful viruses, downloading of information onto the library’s computer’s hard drives is prohibited.
Filtering or Blocking Software
The Paige Memorial Library subscribes to the position adopted by the American Library Association, which sees the use of filtering software on library Internet workstations as blocking constitutionally protected speech and inconsistent with the United States Constitution and federal law. As such, our computers do not contain any filtering or blocking software, and we urge our patrons to use the Internet with caution.
To view our complete computer use policy, please visit the library or email email@example.com to request an electronic copy.