The Paige Memorial Library
Pick up your Marigolds in May Garden kit!
Nancy prepared DIY Marigold Garden kits complete with pot, soil, seeds, wooden labels, and directions. Take them home and watch them grow. Just add water and your attention. Call or email to tell us when you are coming!
Here are some brand new books on a brand new way to show them to you!!!
We are always trying to improve service to you, our Patrons.
Paige Library is now Open for Browsing
We are happy to announce that the Paige Memorial Library is now open for browsing by appointment with the following restrictions:
• You must call to reserve a time to browse which must be 20 minutes or less.
• The appointment hours are Tuesday and Thursday 3 to 6, Wednesday 11 to 3, and Saturday 10 to 12. (Assistance with appointments and other questions is available during regular hours, Tuesday and Thursday 2 to 7, Wednesday 10 to 4, and Saturday 9 to 1.)
• All returned books will be placed in the outdoor book drop.
• You must wear a mask covering your mouth and nose at all times.
• You must maintain social distancing.
• You must use hand sanitizer upon entering.
• You must be free from symptoms of infection.
• Touched surfaces will be wiped down between appointments and before and after open hours.
• Books touched but not taken after browsing will be put in special bins and will be put in quarantine.
• Restrooms are not available at this time.
• The Children’s area is closed, but parents may check out books, movies, and materials.
• Computers are not available at this time.
• Scanning, copying, printing are available with the assistance of Staff.
Curbside service will continue.
Call and make your appointment or place your order. We are looking forward to hearing from you. 413-477-6704
Appointments are made by calling only so there is no confusion as to times.
Do we have books for Earth Day? Earth Week? Earth Month?
You bet we do!!
Yes! In person! Just use the hand sanitizer and browse! Put any book you are not taking into the quarantine box.
Build a Fairy House!
It’s SPRING. It is time for the Hardwick Fair-ies to wake up from their winter nap. Pick up a Fairy Cottage Kit to take home. The kit provides a lovely piece of tree bark for a base, a house shape, and some surprise embellishments. It is up to you to find recyclables around your house to add to your Hardwick Fairy Cottage. P.S. Fairies like broken jewelry and candy, pinecones, feathers, shells, stones, and shiny objects on their houses.
Please send in photos and we will post them on the website and on Facebook. Send to email@example.com
Please call the library and tell us how many cottage kits you need. The Cottage Kits will be labeled with your name and put out for pickup at the front of the library during curbside hours.
Perhaps you would like to borrow MAGAZINES????
We are still offering curbside service and you can still browse our newly purchased books online. After a short time on the FRONT page, the images will be moved to the BROWSING GALLERY.
Yes, We do have INTER LIBRARY LOAN Services through MassCat!
Order whatever you would like and, IF WE DO NOT HAVE IT, we will do our very best to get it for you!!
Check our website and Facebook for our newest books
To order your books – Call 413-477-6704 or Email
Don’t know what to order? Check our catalog
Sign on to http://www.paigelibrary.com/
Go to “catalog”, then “Search Our Online Catalog”
Go to “Advanced Search”
Fill in any keywords or author’s name
Limit your search if you would like by checking “item type”
Scroll down further and find “Location and Availability” “Library:”
Where it says “All libraries” select “Paige Memorial”
Check “Only items currently available for loan or reference”
THEN, click on “Search”.
Write down your requests , and call or email to arrange a time to pick them up!
Your books will have been in quarantine. They will be checked out to your account and the order will go into a bag with your name or initials on it and will be placed on the bench outside the library. In bad weather, look on the top step, or just inside the vestibule.
Tuesday — 3:00 to 6:00 PM
Wednesday – 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Thursday — 3:00 to 6:00 PM
Saturday — 10:00 AM to 12 NOON
Staff is on duty during regular Library Hours to sanitize, prepare orders, and answer any questions. Call so that we may serve you, our Patrons.
Ready to do your taxes? Need these booklets? Call us at 413-477-6704 or email us at director.paigelibrary@gmail.
com to tell us which of the pictured booklets you need and we will put them out on the bench for you.
- All Federal tax forms can be found at IRS.gov
- You can request Federal tax forms from the IRS to be shipped to you by mail. Go to: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/forms-and-publications-by-us-mail
- If you have a printer and want to print your own forms, you can do that by going to: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
- You may request Federal tax forms be printed and made available to you through lobby pickup by calling 413-467-3320.
- State tax forms are now available for pickup! For Massachusetts state tax forms, go to: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/dor-personal-income-tax-forms-and-instructions
QuabbinCountry.com – a regional effort by the towns of Barre, Hardwick, Hubbardston, New Braintree and Oakham to help support and grow locally owned small businesses. Here you’ll find a listing of local products, services and destinations that are sure to impress both longtime residents, and those that come to visit.
Town of Hardwick Website – Provides information on municipal services, municipal government meetings, and other information of local interest.
My Town Government – Provides a listing of all upcoming municipal meetings in Hardwick, as well as an archive of past meeting minutes.
Quabbin Regional School District – Information about the Hardwick and regional school system.
Hardwick Town Fair – Learn more about one of our nations oldest traditional town fairs, hosted annually in Hardwick each summer.
Quaboag Valley Community Development Corporation – a non-
profit organization committed to economic development and helping small businesses grow and prosper QVCDC 413-967-3001 23 West Main Street, Ware, MA 01082
Happy Earth Month 2021